Much Ado About Nothing

+

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Circumcision of Christ Eve Party

Otherwise known as New Year's Eve Party. This was our third annual party with an Indian Food theme. It all started from a gift of a cookbook, Easy Indian-style cookery, from a friend, Todd. We enjoy cooking but love eating food. Indian does seem to take so much work that we end up doing it only once a year. Thanks to all who came and those who helped, but especially to the Gannons. They hand chopped a ten pound bag of onions!

Menu

Cucumber & Mint Raita
Mixed Vegetable Curry
Tandoori Leg of Lamb (on the Fix it & Forget it)
Tandoori chicken grilled on the LARGE George Foreman Grill
Mango Chicken
Caramelised Onion, Fruit & Nut Pilau
Naan (no smoke alarm this year!)

We try to repeat our most popular dishes (the mango chicken, pilau, and naan) and try a new one (tandoori leg of lamb) each year. Next year, we would like to dry another new dessert, like kulfi, and maybe a special drink.

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger LiteraryGirl said...

Brian posted on my blog which led me to his blog and yours...I'm happy to be able to keep up with you guys this way! Glad all is well and I'll be back.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger munkybrat said...

Yummy. I love indian. I cant cook, though.I am very glad no smoke detectors went off this year... they are kinda noisy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home